Wednesday, April 22, 2015

I almost wet my pants

The leaves and grass are green...the azaleas and dogwoods are blooming...Spring is in the air. The dog is enjoying her time outside chasing squirrels and visiting with the neighboring dogs and cats. She has been fixated with a certain spot outside the back door and goes to it every time she leaves the house. Today was no exception, but I never see what she sees. She has been trying to snap at bees and other flying creatures, so I just figured it was just another one of those. Because of the disaster next door, we have had a few gray-brown long tailed cheese eating vermin appear, but I have not seen one recently. So today, I let the dog in to have some lunch and the dog went BONKERS. She was scratching at something and then snapping at something. I had her bowl of food in my hand, trying to get her attention. Then I saw it. Then I saw it disappear except for its tail wiggling outside the dog's mouth. I screamed, "NO!!" and she dropped it, ran towards me and started on her food. Thank goodness for my giant Libman dust mop. Together we encouraged a quick departure and possibly a minor heart attack in its poor chest:



Spring has sprung...and the little skink was "sprung" out of the jail of our breakfast room and into the sweet freedom of our garage. He'll sleep well tonight...if the experience didn't kill him.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment