Friday, April 3, 2015

Say yes to the dress...mom torture

I can understand why, at the high end wedding dress shops, they give out beverages to the people who are watching the fitting. Our oldest is going to the 8th grade dance at her school(in May)and the pressure has been on to get a fancy dress. The lion's share of her friends have gotten dresses and several of them have dates also. S has not and so several of them are going together as each others' dates. I am certainly a fan of this idea as the thought of her having a date with a boy gives me hives. I know it is coming. So, anyway, we went to the mall today to investigate dresses. I found that, with the exception of a few, the dresses resembled something from Toddlers and Tiaras or some girl's first communion. She showed me her friends' dresses and I like them all, but that narrows down the choices for sure. I saw that one store allowed you to reserve your dress so that no one else at your school whould have the same one. It all came with a hefty convenience fee of course. So after going to 10 stores at the mall at least plus a Kohl's and a SteinMart, we were heading for the reserve your dress store. Then we saw it...a bridal store. Although I threw up in my mouth a little bit, we went in to a surgically lit mammoth room with a gazillion dresses of all colors and sizes. S's eyes got as big as saucers and I broke out into a sweat. We tried to navigate, but all the dresses started to look the same and S and I were getting short with each other. Then an angel sent straight from Heaven, Bev, came to assist us. She threw us a ffashion life preserver and found us some styles which could then be translated into colors that were of the girl's choice. To the dressing rooms we went and I sat there with moms who were seeing their daughters in their wedding dresses for the first time. They were fanning themselves, wiping tears and clicking pictures all at the same time. Thank goodness she found her dress of choice quickly and I found the price acceptable and not one that would give her father a coronary and we were outta there. Bev, the dress angel, saved the day. Thank you, Bev.

Now I'm off to bed. Early soccer morning tomorrow. Night all.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment