Thursday, April 30, 2015

Sigh of relief

I can breathe a sig of relief tonight. The baked goods I promised to make are done. But that isn't the real reason. All but one of the kids are in bed...but that isn't the real reason. I picked up the shoes that will be worn to the middle school dance...but that isn't the reason. The kids got to soccer practice and home and fed...but that isn't the reason. The reason is that my oldest auditioned for the high school drum line today. We prayed and hope and worried all day. When I picked her up from school to take her to the audition, she looked like she was going to throw up all over the car. Two and a half hours, and several Tums later, my child emerged from the building and walked to the car with a big grin on her face. She had made the drumline with the job of first bass. I am relieved and thrilled for her. This is a big boost for her and the start of lots of hard work and fun. Maybe I can sleep tonight. Maybe.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment