Wednesday, August 5, 2015

The Countdown is on

The last child has gotten their school supplies purchased and his new shoes tried on and readied. He had his eyes checked this morning and found that he doesn't have to do drops anymore...or at least we hope so. We'll find out in October. The hub is currently with our oldest at the high school getting her picture made, her locker picked out and all that good stuff. I am here with the youngers queasy at the thought that my oldest is going to high school. She has been fairly quiet today. Nerves are getting to her a bit, but I think she is ready for her new adventure. They all are having new adventures this year as are their parents.

On a completely different subject, I am sitting with the youngers watching American Ninja Warrior. My children are obsessed with this show. I can take it or leave it, I hate to say. It makes me crazy. These people kill themselves to avoid falling in water whilst hanging on to swinging suspended ladders and tires...all while their wives and babies watch them fall and destroy their dreams of ninjahood. My son and I admired our friends and their Lego version of the NW set. He has built one himself. Maybe I'm just envious of their ninja abilities. Mine only extend to sneaking downstairs and making breakfast in bed for the kids on their birthdays without waking them up.

Time to go help label all the school supplies and make sure they all go to the right child. Oh, Summer. Where did you go?


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment