Thursday, August 6, 2015

One school down...

The boy met his teacher this evening. I mean, he knew who she was and all, but he super duper officially met her today. She is a lovely woman and I think will be a great match for him. He was even more excited to see his buddies there and reunite with some of his favorite specialty teachers. I must admit that I did rest in the comfort of the familiar surroundings...especially now that we have a child entering high school. I can't even. Or another child entering middle school. I really can't even. Tomorrow they go to walk through their schools and investigate their classes. They are nervous, we are nervous. It's all going to be alright and I imagine that in two weeks we'll be more concerned about who is going to get picked up where than how to navigate a school building.

On a terribly sad note, please be in prayer for some friends of ours from college. The husband, Brian, collapsed Sunday during a triathalon and passed away yesterday. He leaves behind a wife and two children. Such a terrible tragedy. We are deeply saddened.

Hug your loved ones close tonight. You just never know, friends. Night.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment