Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Nice surprise

It is late, for me, and I am currently attempting to help my oldest discern between past and present participles, gerunds and a whole bunch of other things. Never mind the fast that there is English somewhere on my college diploma. I hang my head in shame at my almost savant-like ability to forget more than I remembered and then some. Thank you, interwebs, for helping me show on a device what I could not verbalize. "S, frustrated by her mom, decided not to ask for homework help anymore." Heck, I still don't even know if that is a participle or if I left something hanging. Embarrassing.

My friend, S, who my S is named after, came in town for a visit today. It was so nice to see her. We talked, broke bread and laughed all over a two hour period at Litton's. I am very blessed to have her in my life. Knowing someone for 31 years is quite nice. There are no secrets and lots of old stories to dredge up for many moments of comedy gold.

I must dash and try to take a quick dip in the form of a bath or shower. My window of opportunity is pretty sketchy right now as we are in the middle of a weird thunderstorm pattern and I was always told to stay out of the tub when there was thunder.

Have a good one. Night all.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment