Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Lord forgive me when I whine...

I had a horrible day today. When I say horrible, I mean worst day in probably good two years. Everything that could go wrong at work, school and home happened. There's no reason to go into detail since all of you would quickly drop into a peaceful slumber over your devices. My bad day probably would seem stupid to most, but I have a more than splitting headache to show for it. The headache could be from the weather that is currently around us, which would explain my sore teeth as well, or it could be caused I cried a fair amount today or it could be because my blood pressure probably got to dangerous levels at some points due to my lackluster anger management skills when things got weird, broke, got ruined in the dryer or got feelings broken at school. It was bad.

Fast forward to this afternoon after school. My sweet G needed to have a very important conversation with me and, as always, she decided it needed to happen when I entered that little room we all must visit after we have too much coffee or a long night's sleep or a bad pot of chili. I quickly exited so we could have a converstaion. I'll admit, I was a little annoyed. Oftentimes, that little room is the only break from people I get all day. Anyhoo, we sat down to talk and she explained that the guidance counselor talked to her class today. hey have a friend in class(G is in 4 classes with him)who has cancer. They talked about how he might have a hat on and might not, depending on if he was losing his hair during treatments. They talked that he had a stuffed animal he keeps with him to help with anxiety and thatif he has to go for a stay in the hospital, the stuffed animal will stay at school and go to his classes to remind the kids that he is still their classmate...he's just getting help for a bit. I wanted to be sick. Not just because of this child's situation and that of his parents, but thinking about if that happened to one of my own. I also felt great shame at being so angry about my bad day when, in the grand scheme of things, it really is not that important. We are allowed to have a bad day, sure, but perspective is a beautiful thing. My mom used to quote a poem to me when I needed a little perspective. It is a little bit dated, but I always manage to have it come to mind when I need to quote it the most. Here it is. Night all.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment