Saturday, August 29, 2015

Lessons before bedtime

As the evening starts setting in allowing the day to retire, I tend to reflect on the events of the day and sometimes the past few days. It has been a wild week and, honestly, I don't really know where it went. I feel like I have existed, but not really interacted with my family and they would probably all feel the same. This transistion back into the school year has been tough on all of us, every family in our season of life feeling the same way I'm sure. The children are all great kids and I am blessed beyond measure to have them, but with growth comes some struggle and, again, this is nothing new to scads of families all over the world. Heads butt on a daily basis; feelings get hurt and tempers flare. It happened just an hour and a half ago over dinner. I have retreated upstairs to shower and avoid future conflict. So why am I sharing all of this now? Friends we have known for a while had a shocking loss of a parent overnight. Yesterday? Interacting with the grandchildren and spending time with family. Today? Gone. It has given me a lot to think about today. I mourn for our friends and their loss...their grief and shock. I wonder, as I go gently into that good night, if my loved ones know that they truly are my loved ones. I think about the conflict at dinner. Nothing really got resolved and I removed myself from the situation to avoid further mess. I don't want unresolved feelings as I lay down on my pillow tonight. I want each and every person in this house to know exactly how much I love them. We don't know what tomorrow holds. I will hug my babies and my husband tonight and put the dinner table demons to rest.

Night all.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment