Monday, March 23, 2015

All I wanted was some gauze

I have determined that a certain crafting store with an "ETC" after its name must hire people from anger issues anonymous to cut people's cloth at the counter. They are the foulest bunch of people and not a smile among them...an it makes me so sad. I really don't want to go in there, but when they are the only ones who have the exact fabric pattern I need, well, I'm kind of screwed. I have found a particular kind of really soft doll that I am interested in making. Not a creepy, big eyed psycho looking doll, but a sweet soft and plain doll that will be good for a young one to snuggle. The particular pattern requires "tubular gauze". So, silly me, I asked the angry cloth cutters where I might find that. "What in the world is that?!". I explained. "I don't think that is really a thing. Go get some gauze out of your first aid kit and make a doll out of that." "Go to the doll section...this is the cloth section." Uh, ouch, ladies. I will be looking online instead. I went to try and find the doll section, with no luck, and spoke to the customer service guy. He was bored with it being a "slow night" and all and make sure I knew about how the insole had gone out in his shoe(explained his limp) and how he needed to go to Wal-Mart tonight before it got "too crazy over there". Now I'm no looker, I get it. I let the childbearing years take control and every Monday and Thursday now I got to get a beating and try and fix some of that damage, but I think this guy was trying to bust a move. Here he is showing me creepy doll heads and eyes and asks if I like Wal-Mart and if I needed anything while he was there. "Uh, thanks so much, but I'm good." I kept looking around to see if anyone else was hearing this, but I could find no rescue friend. "It's always nice to have a woman's opinion on shoes and insoles and stuff like that." "Uhhhh. Sure. I'm sure you can find a nice lady there to help you...I've got to get on with my shopping. Thanks for your help." So, um, there's that. Maybe I'm reading it wrong. You tell me. I'll be online looking for gauze that angry cutters say is a figment of my imagination....as I held the book with instructions up to show them. Didn't matter.

Night all. I'm leaving the bizarro world now.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment