Saturday, March 14, 2015

Not sure of a good title

This morning started out with yet another round of rain. For the love of everything holy, my friends, the rain needs to go away for Spring Break. The mongrel we have living inside our house needs to run. Not run the length of our yard, but she needs to run a couple football fields worth for a good hour. The dog park is a muddy mess which leaves us few options to take her where she can get a full head of steam without turning into a mud covered mess. I don't mind her getting muddy except that when we wash her she turns into a crocodile who goes into a death roll. I need medical attention afterwards.

I went shopping for the boy while the hub took one to soccer and the other went to a birthday party. While he is easy to shop for, I must ask: how many Legos does one really need? I can't complain. He'd rather play with those than watch TV or play video games. They all just start to look the same to me. Oh well. He is so easy...he'll be thrilled with whatever he gets. Love that boy.

Around dinner time, we went to visit my "niece" dog Dakota. Her parents were gone for a day trip and she needed some food and time with a little boy. They were happy to love on each other for a bit. SOmething about a boy and a dog:



Instead of going straight home, we decided to go check the PO Box and see if we had any paper visitors in there. Squeals of delight came from the boy when he saw 1...2...3 letters in there. My gosh it was great! Our secret pal sent one again. The grandparents of some friends sent one. I was delighted to see that one of my three readers, A, sent one. She is the godmother of my dear friend and a frequent commenter on posts. I am so thankful for her, because it is nice to know someone really does read this thing from time to time. The boy was most thrilled with it and who wouldn't be with this on the front:



The kids are currently in discussions about who gets to keep it in their room. Uh, sorry kids, it is mine. Move on. Thank you so much for making our rainy day a little brighter!

I have been summoned by the boy to play a game of Blokus. If you haven't played it, you should. It gets pretty competitive up in this house. If you hear smack talk coming from inside, no doubt Blokus is out somewhere. Night all.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment