Monday, March 30, 2015

Doc day makes cleaning easier

So I heard lots and lots and LOTS of buzz about a documentary that had been shown at Sundance last year and premiered on HBO last night. Titled "Going Clear", it was an expose' about the Church of Scientology and its founder. I will not give my complete opinion about this particular organization, but it was a riveting movie. It sure made cleaning the basement easier. Instead of whistling while I work, I "doc" while I work.

On a sad note, I would like to express my sadness upon hearing of the passing of Dr. Paul Torgersen. He was the President Emeritus at Virginia Tech, a highly respected scholar in the field of engineering, the sitting president when my graduation was conferred and a longtime family friend. The hub had him for a class and they were invited to The Grove, the president's house, for a reception and to wander around. He and his wife gave him a picture of my mother riding on a camel when they were on an overseas trip together. He was held in high esteem by so many and the Hokie Nation is poorer with his loss. Godspeed and rest in peace, Dr. T.

Night all.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment