Friday, April 11, 2014

What is your favorite remedy?

My oldest was also our healthiest for a very long time. The occasional cold and stomach virus that a nice friend shared here or there, but that was it. Then came the whole mono event of a year ago. That kind of shot her record. After she finally got better, she has been okay, but now she has a blasted sinus infection that has gone rogue on us. We learned about "broncospasms" at the pediatrician's office today. After that little 2 hour visit, and a 45 minute visit to Walgreens, I returned home with a grocery bag full of meds. Good grief. But with all those things, nothing can get her to stop coughing. Those spasms just will not calm down. Honey? Not working. Vapo Rub on the feet? Not working. Delsym? Not working. She sounds like she should be locked away in a TB ward. We have been given enough "strong" cough syrup to get us through one night. This concerns me. So, I am hoping for some home remedies. My Granny always claimed to have a secret bottle of whiskey somewhere in the house that she would take a spoonful of if she had a cough. Somehow I think that would be frowned upon by authority kinds of people. But I need a home remedy. My friend A has given me one to try and I am currently mixing it up. This kid needs some help.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment