Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Weird, weird day

After a successful sleep night(my Curious Greorge prediction came true), I got up a bit groggy but rested. I got the three musketeers to school with relative ease and returned home for a tiny little cat nap before going to work. This was a rare Tuesday when I did not have a staff meeting, so my schedule was a little more flexible. When I finally went to work, Murphy's law went into effect and the monsoons arrived. Blowing wind and chilly rain and I can't find my umbrella. Oh well. My office was somewhat warm and I went to work on some paperwork and organizing that was long overdue. Now remember, yesterday we were out in the yard playing fetch with the dog, the kids in shorts and tshirts. I heard the screeching of tires, so I looked out my window in the church's "historic district" to find that there was snow coming down from the sky. Yes, Wisconsin Family, you may insert your chuckles here. If the Pollen Vortex wasn't odd enough, the snow certainly was. I danced down the hall to tthe office humming "Let It Snow" while coworkers snarled and said, "Heaven forbid" under their breath. I like to mess with their heads from time to time. I attended a midday Holy Week service and had a nice warm and comforting lunch afterwards. Just a pleasant, but oddly weathered, Tuesday. The youngers got in the car with few stories of their day, so we sang a few songs and took a broken shoe to the repairman to get fixed. Then S called, sounding quite winded and alarmed, and asked me to come get her because her teachers were worried and wanted her to come home. Great. Luckily it was only five minutes to dismissal, so I got my spot and waited for her to come out. Then what to my wandering eyes did appear, but S and her math/homeroom teacher walking to the car. This was a shocker for several reasons. It did alarm me a bit more knowing he walked her out due to his concern with her condition. I am grateful for his care during this weird event. I think she gave him a scare. Every time I think she is almost completely back from her health crisis of a year ago, something else bizarre pops up. I know she panics, not wanting to travel down this road yet another time.

Oh well. For now all three are resting. I am watching The Godfather II and the hub is doing work. I pray for the restored health of our oldest and the continued health of the others. It's never dull around here.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment