Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Now we wait...

The hub received injection number 5 today. He went in and named me his responsible adult, which is really funny, and walked through the door for his date with the big old needle. Throughout the process, the round beeper that could also be found at your local Outback Steakhouse gives you the play by play:



That was when he gave me a kiss and limped his way to the door. I sat and read my new book, answered texts inquiring about the procedure and watched the different people milling about the absolutely FRIGID waiting area. The dueling tvs played Kelly and Michael, Hoda and Kathie Lee and Bethenny. They were up against Fox News and CNN. A cacophony of programming to keep us all entertained. Then this:



While that is his first name, he does not go by it. He couldn't get the nurses to call him by the name he uses. Sometimes he has one who has a sense of humor and will put "Go Hokies" or something else on there so I'll know he is okay. After another chunk of time and book reading and watching an old man scaring a sweet little puffy haired 2 year old, I was instructed to go to recovery(I couldn't get a picture of that direction). The nurse informed me he was in the restroom, made me sign papers, again, that I was his responsible adult and wouldn't allow him to drive for 24 hours. He is a brave man to let me sign. I pulled the car around, picked him up, got him a bagel and coffee at Panera and then took him home to get comfy. The doc did tell him that this will probably be his life for the forseeable future...an injection every 4-6 months until his back blows out. Not really what he wanted to hear. Pretty upsetting stuff.

I know that he will persevere. He has been so very strong for so long. It was a sweet picture to walk in and see him sitting on the couch with the kids snuggled up with him. All is right with the world...bad back and all.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment