Friday, May 8, 2015

Musical night

We had an evening full of music at the oldest's band concert, her last band concert mind you. I cannot believe she will be a high schooler next year. Can-not believe it. It is always entertaining to watch these concerts. I can remember clearly, you've heard this story before, playing the theme to "Dallas" when I was in 6th grade. We had our fingers on the pulse, America. By eighth grade, we were playing selectons from Aaron Copland's "Appalachian Spring". We probably butchered it, but our cigarette breathed band director set his jaw in a wicked kind of permagrin and endured every out of tune horn and off beat percussionist. He probably dashed out afterwards and smoked a few to get his nerves back, but we were all super proud of ourselves when we heard that applause from our parents. I am so glad that S has found joy in making music. It has always been one of my passions never realized. I can't wait to see what her future holds and what G's holds as she begins band in August. It will certainly be exciting!

Night all.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment