Tuesday, May 26, 2015

He will not sleep tonight

With summer comes lots of things: more frequent cookouts, swimming, vacations, VBS, you know, fun things. My son would add one more thing to the list: playing with friends. I should have put that at the top of the list. He got his first invitation to play at a friend's house he's never been to before. I am honestly surprised that you did not hear the huge "WHOOP" from whatever corner of the state or country you reside. He and S, his buddy, have been in class together for 2 years. They are both good sweet boys who are considerate of others, but still manage to be a little devilish and have a great time. We got to know his dad during a field trip and field day. Times have changed since we were little, but you almost have to try parents out before you know whether you can leave your child with them. S's dad and I, along with another mom, survived the Safety City field trip. We all have matching battle scars. I am anxious for the boy to have his play date. He is a little different with different interests. He's used to being around girls since he has two big sisters. His closest friend, D, has been his friend since birth and is also a girl. He has some friends at church who he hangs out with, but not many boys from school has really clicked with him. I'm so glad he will have this opportunity. Here's hoping I don't blow it for him. I am a hermit and am self conscious about our house as I have said before. Most of his friends live in very large and new houses. We live comfortably in a 60+ year old house in a non-cookie cutter neighborhood(not that those are bad). We just like old houses. We have a nice yard and remodeled insides. There's nothing wrong with our house...but I have to get over that. I need to get over that so I don't lose friends for myself or my children. I know I am putting a lot of weight on one playdate, but I hope this is the first of many times they are together. Everybody needs a best buddy.

Night all.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment