Sunday, May 31, 2015

Back packin' backpacks

Today was a run of the mill Sunday, I guess. I was at work(church)most of the day. We had a new family visiting with four sweet children who made themselves at home. I love that and it makes me feel good about what we are doing in children's ministry. After church ended, I took my oldest to get the last few things for her trip. She leaves to go on a mission trip with the youth group tomorrow. I pray it will be a great experience for all going. One of our associate pastors is moving on to another church, so there was a reception this afternoon for him and his wife. There was a good crowd while we were there, so I imagine they received quite a nice send off. Afterward, we packed backpacks full of school supplies to send to Zimbabwe to Ishe Anesu after school project that our church and conference supports. It is a wonderful program and its director, Maria Humbane, has a powerful story that is a joy to hear. After I heard her the first time, I wanted to go with her back to Zimbabwe. I will get there someday.



Now to go visit with my girl a little longer before bedtime. I'm going to miss her this week, but know she will have a meaningful experience. Night all.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment